In the Upper Laurentians, two hours from Montreal, lies a peaceful haven in the middle of nature designed for families, groups, outdoor enthusiasts, occasional fishermen and hunters of small and large game.
On the Lac à la Peinture or in the forest, in the paths of the resort, you will feel far, very far from the hubbub of the cities. And we will do our best to keep it that way throughout your stay.
The little story
The Larch Tree Resort
In the fall of 2015, Vincent Gignac, a real estate entrepreneur and avid hunter and fisherman, and Claudine St-Pierre, a public sector employee, a Montreal couple, acquired a 230-acre territory in Ascension, on which a large lake with pure water and two rustic cottages are located. Their goal is to make it a recreational and tourist project in their image; simple and welcoming.
After three years of effort and investment, Station les Mélèzes opens, named for the presence of hundreds of conifers of this species throughout their domain.
4 seasons resort
- Reception open from 8:30 to 20:30, 7 days a week
- Large floating dock open to all (dry toilet attached)
- Wifi connection in the comfortable chalets (La Station, le Collin, la Pruche and le Camps)
- Dry firewood included in winter
- Canoe included, kayak and pedal boat included
- A boat and electric motors for rent
- Common bathroom, bath and shower ($) reserved for residents of rustic and ready-to-camp cottages (change available at the reception)
- Common washer, dryer ($) (change available at the reception)
- Wood < for sale from May 1st to September 30th, good price!
- Decoys for sale at the reception
- Fish bait available at the reception ($)
- Screened reception room for rent (up to 50 people, outdoor cooking facilities)
- Park for young children, covered outdoor playroom: ping-pong table, Missipi game, table soccer, regulation petanque games.
- Skating rink on the lake available when the weather permits, Skating rink in the village of Ascension and Red River.
- Red River Hospital only 15 minutes away by car
- Bonichoix grocery store located 7 minutes from Ascension
- IGA grocery store 20 minutes away in Red River
- Rental of fishing rods
RULES & CONDITIONS
- Reservations for a minimum of two nights and by the week in high season.
- 50% non-refundable deposit required for reservation. Balance due on arrival
- Price for a group of 4 adults. Additional adult $25 per night
- Arrivals at 3 p.m. & departures at 11 a.m.
- Please report to reception upon arrival.
- Residents must provide sheets and towels (or rent)
- No slaughtering of animals (other than with a hunting license)
- No launching of personal watercraft
- Boats remain on site
- Noise limit (between 10 p.m. and 7 a.m.)
- No firearms (other than hunting license)
- Pets are allowed, but must be controlled and leashed in common areas.
- All cottages are non-smoking. Smoking permitted in screened verandas or outside.
- Swimming is unsupervised.
- Camping is permitted for families and friends of residents, at extra charge. 1 additional tent maximum.
- Station des Mélèzes is not responsible for accidents, injuries, mischief or theft that may occur on the site.
- Leave the site as you found it. Leave all garbage at the exit.
La Station des Mélèzes
400 chemin du Lac à la Peinture
L’Ascension, Qc, J0T 1W0